Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This One Gives Me Chills!

"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings-always darker, emptier and simpler."

Fredrich Nietzsche


This photograph of my son instantly hit me as thought provoking. I like the dark and the light side of it. The way the shadows hit his face, but still show the form of their origin. The "mood" of the photograph is what makes it all the more interesting to me. The intensity of the stare combined with the obvious young age of the subject...bringing the heaviness of a man to a little boy's world. I don't know-this photos gives me chills. There is another edit in my mind's eye in the works that is sure to bring the rest of you chills as well. We'll see if I can make my thoughts become reality...but lets save that for later.




1 comment:

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

I like this Heather. I can't wait to see your other edit!